Hep A vaccine 3 yrs ago?
Feb 19, 2008
I had the Hep A vaccine (part one) in Apr. 2003 and part two (three months later) in Oct. 2003. Apparently the comination A and B vaccine was not available then? I am now planning a 3 week trip to S. America, should I be going back to my Dr. for the B vaccine as well or am I adequately covered with just the Hep. A vaccination ?
Confused.... many thanks for your response to my question
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you had hepatitis A vaccine in 2003 you should be well protected. Hepatitis B may or may not be recommended by your travel professional since HBV is acquired through injection drug use and sex. It can also be transmitted through unsafe blood supplies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Average Life Span Of Someone Hiv Positive?
- When An Insect Bites Someone With Hiv Can It Be Transmitted To Another Person?
- Can Woman With Hiv Get A Hysterectomy?
- My Stomach Hurts Does That Mean I Have Hiv
- Can You Be Hiv Positive And Have A Normal Pap Smear?
- What Is The Risk Of Being Exposed To Hiv Through Pre Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.