Feb 18, 2008
hi, I was detected with Hep B and E in 2004 Dec. My ALT always remained under control below 42. Recently my Alt boomed to 270 after i felt some abdomen pain. After 7 days ALT came down to 151.
My Hbe got negative, Anti-HBe yet to get positive.
I did three HBV DNA testing, in june 2005 it was 1 million, in dec 2006 it was 3000. recently jan 2008 it got negative. Thick layer in Gallbladder was detected and Gallstones as well, I only take medicine adeofovir Depioixil for last 2 years and 8 months and nothing else. sometimes i feel abdomal pains
Question 1.Did the elivated ALT caused by Gallstone
2.What done negative HBV DNA means
3. Will my HBS ag will get negative
4. Whould i stop medicine
5. I Smoke, Do i have to quit smoking
6. Am i infcted with C
7. Name the chepest medicine other than injection for treating C
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It is difficult to say if your pain was related to your gall bladder or from your liver. I would favor right upper quadrant pain to your liver in light of probable recent flare of liver function tests. This flare though is good news because your liver is responding to the treatment.
Hopefully you will also gain E antibody. But don't stop your treatment yet - the success of holding onto seroconversion is also determined by adequate treatment after seroconversion is attained.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.