Feb 18, 2008
Please explain the following: Hep B Surf AB results: borderline abnormal
I was vaccinated for Hepatitis due to my job with children about 10 years ago and I also had malaria in '73.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I find the lab result "borderline abnormal" as extremely odd. Antibodies are reactive or non-reactive. When reactive they infer protection from HBV infection.
What I suspect is that your antibody level may be "borderline" in terms of protection per se. Your vaccine may need a boost.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.