Hep C & Wine

I found I had Hep C a year ago from a bad blood transfusion in 1992. I had no idea I had it until my husband developed an acute case of it. We had type 2b and both responded well to treatment. I was wondering what the risk factors would be for rebound? I drink 2-3 glasses of wine most evenings.

If you and your husband had a non-detectable viral load six months after the end of treatment, you are considered cured. There is no reason to be concerned about the virus coming back unless you are reexposed somehow. That seems extremely unlikely since the blood supply now is safe.

Drinking in moderation is important. You should discuss the amount with your physician. If you had a lot of HCV-related liver disease, I would keep the alcohol intake to a minimum. If you had mild disease, two glasses of wine a night will probably be okay.

high titer result?
LIFE SPAN HIV HEP COINFECTION