hepsera

i have been taking hepsera for the last 3 yrs and my viral load came down from 3,000,000 to 200 that is very significant but,hbe antigen still positive and my doctor said i have to take the medication forever because he said there is a new study which suggest it would protect me from liver cancer.my question is do you think i should take it for ever?should i be concern the fact hbe. still positive?lastly what is the main goal taking the medication. thank you

I don't know your treatment history nor your hepatitis B e antigen status. If you have other possible drug options, I would consider switching since you still have detectable virus.

I suspect that since your doctor wants to treat you long-term, that you do have HB e antigen negative infection. He is concerned that if you stop therapy, your virus will rebound to a high level again.

Hep-c and Crack pipe
co-infected hiv/hcv