Hep-c and Crack pipe

I'm a police Officer, and I noticed that there was a crack pipe in the back seat of my zone car. It was left behind by a drug user. I noticed that the crack pipe had been shattered into several pieces of glass, due to him stepping on it to conceal it. As I removed the shards of glass from the back seat I nicked my finger with a shard of glass, causing a small cut to finger. Could I have been exposed to Hep-C, since I cut finger on the broken crack pipe glass? Could the glass have had hep-c virus on it from the users cracked lips/blood?I believe the suspect had hep-c. Also the crack pipe was sitting in the rear of the car for at least an hour before I nicked finger? Is it even possible to transmit that way? From surface to human? Because aren't razors blades consider surface? I read people getting it from using razor. By the way the glass shard was small, so I couldn't tell if there was any dry, or moist blood on it. I doubt it would be moist since sat for an hour in car. Thanks for your time.

I doubt you have any risk at all of contracting HCV. However, I always counsel people who are concerned about employment related risks to always document your concerns with your employee health department for your own protection.

HEP B Question
hepsera