|HEP B Question
Feb 9, 2008
I was diagnosed in April 2007 (2551 UI/ml..3,41log) by DNA test.By january 2008 new DNA test taken due to i'm on pegasys for the 8th month (<12UI/ml.. 1,07 log). How will i know that the virus is cleared off from my blood and when will this virus be cleared off and can this treatment clear off this virus from my blood?These are my questions and i ought to take this treatment for 48WKS but i'm in 31wks of my treatment for now. Thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
It appears that you have achieved a viral load that is not detected by a sensitive test during treatment with Pegasys. This is great news.
However, there is no way to predict per se if the virus will come back or not while on treatment. If your HB e antigen was positive before treatment, and it is negative now, that would be very encouraging.
Please Interpret Result of HBV DNA
Hep-c and Crack pipe
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.