For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Please Interpret Result of HBV DNA

Good day! Could you please interpret result of my HBV-DNA Viral Load RT-PCR (TAQMAN) which is 1,001 IU/ml. Remarks: 1) HBV-DNA Viral Load RT-PCR (TAQMAN) Detection Limit: 6 - 110,000,000 IU/ml (35-640,200,000 copies/ml) 2. Specimens with less than 6 IU/ml (<35 copies/ml) is below the defined range of the test. 3. Specimens with greater than 110,000,000 IU/ml (.640,200,000 copies/ml) is above the defined range of the test.

Thank you.

You have what is considered to be a "low viral load". The significance is difficult to determine since I do not know whether you are clearing HBV after recent infection or if you are chronically infected.

Hep C+HIV+HSV2...
HEP B Question