|HIV , HCV & Fatty Liver
Jan 29, 2008
I had blood test for HIV as Nonreactive at 2.5 months after unprotected sex exposure. My AST is 28, ALT 59 and GGT is 135, ESR is 12, Uric Acid is 0.57, Total Cholesterol 8.4 and LDL 5.8 . My questions are , will my fatty liver delay HIV seroconversion ? Do my blood test results show that I had been infected with HCV ?
Response from Dr. McGovern
There is no reason to suspect that having fatty liver should have any effect on testing for HIV or HCV. If you are concerned about HCV due to risk, certainly ask for antibody testing. As you may know, HCV is uncommonly spread through sexual transmission, but the risk is not zero. Increased risk is associated with sex with trauma and ulcerative STDs.
is NON-REACTIVE result the same as NEGATIVE?
- Sex With A Prostitute And Negative HIV Test
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.