DNA RESULTS

good day, 10 years ago i was diagnosed of having hepatitis b because i underwent a pre-employment medical check-up. i was depressed when i learned that i am hbv positve. hoping that i got rid of the virus, just recently i had a check-up again and the result was still positive. my doctor advised me to undergo DNA testing to determine the viral load in my blood. here is the result 284,000 iu/ml. am i contagious? right now i am taking an anti-viral medicine telbivudine. my husband is already working overseas and i think i can't go with him with my present condition. please advise me for i am very desperate now.

Your husband should have testing for HBV infection. If he does not have evidence of infection, he should be vaccinated.

Telbivudine is an effective drug and you should do well. Be certain to have follow-up on your HBV DNA level to determine that the virus is completely suppressed over time (preferably by 6 months) to decrease the risk of drug resistance.

hep a ab positive
is NON-REACTIVE result the same as NEGATIVE?