|hep a ab positive
Jan 29, 2008
i just have a test and it came out as hep a ab positive,can you explain what is this please,thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect that your hepatitis A antibody was positive by your question. If the IgM antibody is positive, then you have acute (new) infection. If your IgG antibody is positive, then you were exposed in the past. If the IgM antibody is positive, you will need to further discuss this with your doctor.
The good news is hepatitis A does NOT cause chronic liver disease.
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Eye?
- What Does A Herpes Blister Look Like?
- Viral Infection Throat And Shingles
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.