Jan 29, 2008
i was told that people with hep-c have low levels of interferon if thats true is there a way to boost your own levels without going back on tratment. the reason i ask is i was on it before and when i stopped my viral load came back even higher. .
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I do not know of a way to naturally boost your interferon levels. However, if you did not respond to treatment, there are many new drugs that are in development including protease inhibitors and polymerase inhibitors which appear to be very potent.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.