Jan 29, 2008
i was told that people with hep-c have low levels of interferon if thats true is there a way to boost your own levels without going back on tratment. the reason i ask is i was on it before and when i stopped my viral load came back even higher. .
Response from Dr. McGovern
I do not know of a way to naturally boost your interferon levels. However, if you did not respond to treatment, there are many new drugs that are in development including protease inhibitors and polymerase inhibitors which appear to be very potent.
i have hepatitist B
hep a ab positive
- Are There Rare Hiv Infected Who Don't Develop Antibodies?
- ARS Symptoms One At A Time Or All Together
- How Long Does HIV Virus Survive Outside The Body?
- How Long Does Myalgia Last For Hiv Early Symptoms?
- How Quickly After Exposure Can You Notice Symptoms Of Hiv?
- Is A Chest Infection A Early Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.