HIV + and then diagnosed with Hep B

I have been HIV + for over two years and taking Kaletra & Truvada. My CD4 count is well over 400 and my viral load is undectable. I received a call today from the local health department asking me to come in and get tested for Hep B, as I have been put at risk for the virus. I was wondering, if I am diagnoised as Hep B +, how will this affect my treatments at this point? Could I still be able to take my prescribed drugs? All the postings I find discuss being dual diagnoised, and I don't know what my options are for in this situation.

Thanks.

This is an interesting question since your exposure occurred while you were taking Truvada - which includes two active HBV drugs. I think it would be unlikely that you would become infected while you happened to be taking such potent HBV active drugs. However, definitely follow-up to be certain.

Also - I would think that if you were not exposed to hepatitis B in the past, that you would have already been vaccinated with HBV vaccine to prevent infection in the first place. Please discuss this with your physician and ask if you have on record evidence of protective surface antibodies.

hbv dna result
hep-b treatment