Jan 24, 2008
what is genotype 1a?my sister has hepc 1a.dr says shes in stage 4 of cirrohis. she will be starting peggintron and ribovirin.. what is the difference in genotype 1a and cirrohis?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There are several genotypes of HCV. Genotype distribution varies by geography. For example, the most common genotype in the US is genotype 1; in Egypt it is genotype 4. All can cause liver disease.
Your sister's physician wants to start therapy for cirrhosis, which is advanced liver disease. She will need very careful monitoring and follow-up while on treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.