Hepatitis B Inactive Carrier?

Dr. McGovern, Please, I am confused. I got my exams: HBsAg +, HBeAg -, Anti HBe -, Anti-HBc IgG +, Anti-HBc IgM -; HBV viral load undetectable, AST and ALT normal. Since I am an HIV carrier (153 CD4 and HIV viral load undetectable) under treatment for one year, what does it really mean? Am I an inactive carrier or my immune system is too weak for working properly against the HBV virus? Thanks!

The good news is that it seems that your HBV infection is inactive since you have no detectable virus and your eAg is negative. This may also be a result of your HIV medications. You may want to ask your doctor if some of your HIV medications have dual activity against Hepatitis B virus as well. This is certainly the case for some drugs.

Testing window for HIV/HCV coinfection
Low hcv viral load