|Testing window for HIV/HCV coinfection
Jan 19, 2008
Dr. McGovern, I have tested -ve for HIV & Hep C @ 6 months via antibody testing. Is additional testing prudent or should I consider the results definitive and conclusive to rule out co-infection ?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would consider this completely adequate. The only reason to test further out is when someone has developed acute hepatitis C infection as well. Then we test further out for HIV antibodies.
Am I in the clear for HBV?
Hepatitis B Inactive Carrier?
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Does Pineapple Juice Help With Vaginitis?
- Penicillin And Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.