|Am I in the clear for HBV?
Jan 19, 2008
Post potential exposure, I have had a negative HBsAG at almost 8 weeks, and 10.5 weeks. Also at 10.5 weeks, I had a negative HBcAb and IgM antibody. Contact was protected oral and limited intercourse. Should I be in the clear at this point?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Sources vary but the incubation period is from one to four months. So you will need to see your physician for follow-up testing.
hiv hep B/C
Testing window for HIV/HCV coinfection
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.