|Genotype 1A and cancer
Jan 19, 2008
I am a recovering alcoholic with 4 years sober. 1 year ago, my viral load was under 1 million . Now it is almost 4 million. I am 48 year old female and am wondering if this genotype is most associated with liver cancer? Thank-you-Sincerely, Lori Lynn
Response from Dr. McGovern
There is no particular association with any particular HCV genotype and liver cancer. In matter of fact, the risk of liver cancer from hepatitis C only begins to be an issue when a patient has developed cirrhosis. Then a patient should have regular ultrasound screenings.
Lab Test Results
- Burning Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.