|Lab Test Results
Jan 19, 2008
HBsAg +2.541 of Cut-off Value HBeAg +0.003 of Cut-off Value 1. Is this a chronic infection? 2. Is the HBeAg results alarming? Thanks a lot.
Response from Dr. McGovern
The way this is reported, I am not quite sure I can accurately interpret this. If your HBsAg is ABOVE the cut off of the laboratory where you had this done, then it appears that you have chronic infection. I cannot tell whether it is active or inactive without a HBV DNA level. You should also have serial testing of your liver function tests by your doctor.
I was diagnosed with Hep C. but "cleared" the virus
Genotype 1A and cancer
- How Many Times Can You Use The Needle For Finger Prick Test With Hiv?
- Abnormal Blood Test Results And Hiv
- Can You Be A Carrier Of Hiv But Not Suffer From It?
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Three Dose Schedule For Adults
- Semen Enters Eye Can I Contract Hiv Infection
- Can You Get Hiv From One Time Sex With A Hiv Positive Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.