HCV, HIV and Liver Cancer

I have had HIV since early 80's due to blood products, as well as HCV Geno2. I started treating the HIV after 15 years when my numbers started to get bad. Three years ago we treated the HCV and I am still SVR. My Liver Functions were high for years but now normal (since the treatement three years ago), my HIV numbers are very good. My Liver functions specifically ALT has gone up in past 3 months (but not too significant) AFP Marker is 3, and I am having some right side pain that comes and goes. We think this is related to my HIV meds (Sustiva & Combivir) but they did liver imaging just in case due to my history. There are two vascular spots less then 2.8mm that showed up (in retrospect looks like at least one was there a year ago, but that was not the same CT Scan at the time). They think these are congenital but want to re-image in a few months to rule out a cancer. (also note I have been a long term drinker 20+ years, but not a abuser and there is no cirosis, also I have really cut down the past few years). My question, since I had HCV for many years, even now that it's gone is the primary liver cancer risk still there due to my HCV and overall history?

There is still some risk yes. But with a normal AFP I suspect this will be a vascular issue and not tumor.

Best wishes for your ongoing health.

HCV Re-active
I was diagnosed with Hep C. but "cleared" the virus