Jan 15, 2008
Hi, I'm a male HBV (Hepatitis B) carrier. I've three questions that I don't know the answer to and wouldn't really be able to find the answer anywhere as they are specific.
1) Can my partner get HBV from intercourse if I don't ejaculate inside her? If so, how likely is it?
2) If I had intercourse with my partner and didn't ejaculate inside her. And if she had the HBV vaccine. If she had intercourse with another man that didnt use a condom would he get HBV?
3) Same as Qs two but if I do ejaculate inside her.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The main issue is for your partner to get vaccinated. The immunization works well and is protective against exposure. Your partner should also get tested for surface antibodies after the vaccine to be certain that the vaccine worked. If your partner is protected from getting infected, she can't spread HBV to other people either.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Treat Stds?
- Doxycycline Treat Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.