HBsAg Reactive (First Step)
Jan 15, 2008
Test result shows a HBsAg reactive. A note below suggests a repeat HBsAg for confirmatory. Do this mean the same procedure of test will be conducted or a much higher level of test for HB is required?Thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
When a test shows that the surface antigen is positive, a confirmatory test of greater stringency is supposed to be done to confirm the results.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv Symptoms To Start?
- How To Support Someone Who Is Hiv Positive?
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Pills To Take For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.