Jan 3, 2008
My blood test result shows HBV +ve(inactive). I m 25 yrs old female due to get married, what are the chance of me to infect my finacee and kids in future?? Shall i get married??Though I love my fiancee a lot,I m very confused regarding my future and health criteria. Please help!!
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would have your fiance see his doctor to get vaccinated. The vaccine is extremely effective.
When you are ready to have children, there are protocols using vaccines and immunoglobulin that are very effective in preventing transmission to your baby.
Worried about Hep B
hep c lab results
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Antibiotics Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Genital Warts Transmission By Hand
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your Body?
- What Does It Mean When You Have A Discharge But No Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.