Jan 3, 2008
whatr is the life expectancy of someone with hiv and hep c. My brother has had hiv for about 15 years and contracted hep c about 8 years ago. please give me a number.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Really can't give you a number. I have patients with HIV/HCV who have been cured of their hepatitis C on therapy so I suspect they will enjoy long lives while they take their antiretroviral therapy.
Want to get pregnannt and have concerns
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- What Causes Vaginal Hemorrhaging And Shaking?
- What Does It Mean When You Are Exposed To A Std?
- What Vaginal Infections Does Metronidazole Treat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.