Jan 3, 2008
How can Hepa b transfer through sexual intercourse? If women only have how it can transfer to man? Thank you! God Bless!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
During intercourse, if there is any slight damage to the mucosa that causes minor irritation and bleeding of both parters, infected blood can penetrate into the other partner's bloodstream. That is why we recommend vaccination of sexual partners of patients with hepatitis B.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.