|inactive carrier/sexual activity
Jan 3, 2008
I'm a female who has just been diagnosed as a chronic inactive carrier of hep b. I have been advised to be vaccinated and will consult with a gi regarding if it's appropriate. In the meantime, can I transmit the disease to my boyfriend by receiving oral sex from him? Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Oral sex would not be a risk.
Yes I agree that you should get vaccinated against hepatitis A.
Your inactive carrier state will need ongoing monitoring to be certainthat your disease stays inactive.
Please Help Me !!
hbv inactive carrier/vaccine
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.