inactive carrier/sexual activity
Jan 3, 2008
I'm a female who has just been diagnosed as a chronic inactive carrier of hep b. I have been advised to be vaccinated and will consult with a gi regarding if it's appropriate. In the meantime, can I transmit the disease to my boyfriend by receiving oral sex from him? Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Oral sex would not be a risk.
Yes I agree that you should get vaccinated against hepatitis A.
Your inactive carrier state will need ongoing monitoring to be certainthat your disease stays inactive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Worried It Could Be AIDS
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.