Please Help Me !!

Happy New Year and Good Day Mam,

I am 28 yrs old and am Hepatitis B and E positive patients. I have been suffering from the diseases for the last three years. It was discovered when I wanted to take vaccination for Hep B. From then I am taking Adeofovir.

My Alt (SGPT) always remained under control (Below 42). Recently I tested Alt 47.

I had no side effect since I discovered. Some time I feel tired but this might be due to the medicine.

Previously my HBV DNA was more than 30 Million (2005). Last year it was Below 3000 unit.

Recently My HBS E tested negative, I checked for Anti-HBe, it came negative too (Reading .681 cut off value .531)

My questions are:

Is there any permanent cure for the diseases (HBS B and HBS E)? Is my lever is ok or having being damage? Can a live 35 years more? What is the indication of my recent HBS E and Anti-HBS E?

I would be ever so thankful to you for a quick reply!

Jaman Bangladesh

I suspect that you are stating that the adefovir therapy has led to loss of E antigen which is great news. You should continue to have monitoring for your HBV DNA as well since you have had a terrific decline but want to get down to no detectable virus.

We usually talk about HBV suppression - not cure. If your E antibody turns positive and your DNA becomes suppressed, then you will eventually be able to stop treatment.

24 weeks after the high risk exposure
inactive carrier/sexual activity