Jan 3, 2008
my mom had this for 2 years shes not taking her medication,she said it makes her sick. how long people live for?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It depends on how much liver disease your mom has. Perhaps you can ask your mom if you can accompany her on a doctor's visit so you can both get a better idea of how much disease is on the biopsy. Even people with cirrhosis can live a long time - it is important to avoid alcohol which is quite toxic to liver cells.
Also she should be vaccinated against hepatitis A and B if she is non-immune.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is AIDS Caused By A Virus That Attacks The Immune System?
- I Have A Tingling Sensation On My Feet And Hands Does That Mean I Have Hiv
- What Are The Symptons Of Aids?
- Can Any Other Disease Besides Hiv Cause Aids?
- What Causes Severe Vaginal Bleeding, Large Clots, Chills, Shivering, Abdominal And Leg Pain?
- Oraquick Rapid Hiv-1 Antibody Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.