|Can I move forward with HepB positive guy?
Dec 22, 2007
Hi Dr. McGovern,
I've recently started dating a wonderful guy...I won't go into all of the positives here. We have not yet become intimate...and he just informed me that he is Hep B positive. What do I need to know about moving forward in this relationship? I was going to call my OBGYN asap to see about vaccine/testing. Is it worth it to move forward? MANY thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Definitely get vaccinated and be certain to check the surface antibody to see if the vaccine worked. The vaccine is extremely effective.
help me God
Relapse of HCV
- Can You Get Hiv From Touching Infected Blood?
- Statistics For Contracting Hiv First Time Having Sex With A Person
- Will Kids Catch Genital Warts If Parents Have It?
- When To Check If You Have Gonorrhea In Your Throat?
- What Is The Life Span Of Syphilis?
- What Happens When Shingles Gets In The Brain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.