|Can I move forward with HepB positive guy?
Dec 22, 2007
Hi Dr. McGovern,
I've recently started dating a wonderful guy...I won't go into all of the positives here. We have not yet become intimate...and he just informed me that he is Hep B positive. What do I need to know about moving forward in this relationship? I was going to call my OBGYN asap to see about vaccine/testing. Is it worth it to move forward? MANY thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Definitely get vaccinated and be certain to check the surface antibody to see if the vaccine worked. The vaccine is extremely effective.
help me God
Relapse of HCV
- Chances Of Getting Hiv By Having Sex One Time With A Positive Person
- Will Hpv Genital Wart Be Detected In A Pap Smear?
- Will Genital Warts Eventually Go Away And Not Flare Up Again?
- What Is The Causative Agent Of Herpes?
- Testing For Chlamydia With Urinalysis
- Syphilis Symptoms Burning Urination
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.