Dec 13, 2007
Does SVR mean the virus is gone? I have had no detection of virus for 3 years.And never had liver damage.
Response from Dr. McGovern
SVR means sustained virologic response. It refers to the finding of no virus in your blood six months after the completion of treatment. This is considered a cure for HCV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Best Way To Treat Genital Herpes?
- What If I Test Positive For Chlamydia After Exposure?
- Syphilis Rash Affecting Hands And Feet
- Symptoms Of Sore Throat Caused By Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.