|Risk from my friend
Dec 13, 2007
if I have unprotected sex with an old girlfriend that caught hep-c, but says she is now neg ----how risky is this ?
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your girlfriend was HCV positive, she is now HCV positive also. However, maybe she was told that she cleared her virus as some people do.
I would still strongly advise protected sex since that is the best way to protect yourself against many other STDs including HIV.
about HBV medicines!
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
- Does Hiv Cause Pain In Testicles?
- Characteristics Of Hiv Aids
- How Long Do The Glands Stay Swollen During The Acute Stage Of Hiv?
- What Is The End Result Of Hiv If Left Untreated?
- Does Garlic Help Hiv Patients?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.