|Hep C 1a High viral load
Dec 9, 2007
I just found out that I have Hep C 1a and it was like 600,000 something. I'm only 22 years old. I have done heavy drinking while not knowing...Is this why it's so High? Will it ever go down? Is there any hope or am I screwed early?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The height of your viral load does not tell anything about the amount of disease that you have.
You will need further follow up and monitoring to determine if you have liver disease per se.
I would certainly eliminate the alcohol in the meantime.
Blood Bank Test found HBc
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Sex Without Condom
- Is White Tongue A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.