SO SCARED..

I just went to my doctor today, and just found out I was a carrier of hepititus b, came to a shock to me because I have never been a drug user nor a heavy drinker. I had heptititus a in April of this year and feeling fine , but today I was told I was a carrier of the b. I asked if it was safe to be around my children, yes the doctor replied. But already I have suffored from the a type. I know it was pretty bad. And hearing this b type has realy scared me. I just feel so depressed. My doctors told me my kids didnt need to get a shot. And bascially I am so confused. Should I tell their doctor about it? I am scared to give my kids a kiss, and it hurts so bad. Will it go away? I was told I was a carrier and nomore information was told to me. But I wouldn't get sick from it. Is that true? Should I go to another doctor? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING ....

A hepatitis B carrier state usually means that you don't have the virus itself, or a small amount of virus, in your bloodstream. I would expect you to have a Hepatitis B surface antigen positive test, a positive hepatitis B e antibody positive test and a HBV DNA test result with little or no virus.

You will need serial monitoring over every six months to determine if you are still an inactive carrier.

You can spread the virus by having unprotected sex with a partner or sharing injection drugs. So you can see that there is no risk to your kids through kissing or hugging. I would not recommend any sharing of razors. However, I would think that your kids were vaccinated against hepatitis B anyway.

If you have no risk factors for hepatitis B, I would be certain that your doctor has checked for a HBV DNA and the panel I mentioned above is available.

Hepa B
HEPITIS C