Dec 9, 2007
my hep a ab total blood test is positive, what does this mean
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Probably past infection. If there is concern about new infection (eg, you are sick right now), you need testing for IgM hepatitis A antibodies.
Hepatitis A does not cause chronic liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Risk Of Getting HIV
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Rubbing Against Someone?
- Is Licking Penis Safe?
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Toothbrush
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Sex Toys?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.