Dec 9, 2007
my hep a ab total blood test is positive, what does this mean
Response from Dr. McGovern
Probably past infection. If there is concern about new infection (eg, you are sick right now), you need testing for IgM hepatitis A antibodies.
Hepatitis A does not cause chronic liver disease.
Finishing Hep C Treatment; Should I start HIV meds?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Will Hpv Virus Make Me Sick?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In Early Stages?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- What Antibiotics Cure Syphilis?
- Ways You Can Get Chlamydia From People Who Have It
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.