Dec 9, 2007
I was told I am cured of Hep C. I took the ribavivarin and interferon for one year. Its been three years with no detection of the virus..I live a healthy lifestyle, but wondering if an occasional drink would be a problem
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I think an occasional drink is fine.
As you probably know there is some data on a daily glass of wine that is protective for the heart.
I would think by now your liver is continuing to get healthier and healthier. However, I don't know if you started with mild or severe disease, so ask your doctor about the exact amount they would suggest.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth Sign Of HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Fever After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.