Dec 9, 2007
I have HBV-DNA-Viral load of 381,073 IU/ml, HBsAg (907.5)reactive, AntiHBs <2.00) nonreactive,AntiHBc (.009)total reactive, HBeAg (-675) non reactive and AntiHBe(1.06) non reactive, have normal results of Liver ultrasound, and ALT 56, is it safe to take medication without undergoing liver biopsy
Response from Dr. McGovern
Personally I would want to get a liver biopsy since you have E antigen negative infection and that requires long-term therapy.
how to avoid HEPATITIS
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
- Can I Get Rid Of A Buffalo Hump?
- Can You Be A Carrier Of Hiv But Not Suffer From It?
- What Types Of Cells Does Hiv Infect And What Kinds Does It Destroy?
- Transmission Risk Of Hiv Through Eye
- Must Hiv Enter A Person's Bloodstream In Order To Infect The Person
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.