Dec 9, 2007
I have HBV-DNA-Viral load of 381,073 IU/ml, HBsAg (907.5)reactive, AntiHBs <2.00) nonreactive,AntiHBc (.009)total reactive, HBeAg (-675) non reactive and AntiHBe(1.06) non reactive, have normal results of Liver ultrasound, and ALT 56, is it safe to take medication without undergoing liver biopsy
Response from Dr. McGovern
Personally I would want to get a liver biopsy since you have E antigen negative infection and that requires long-term therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Can You Get Herpes If You Use A Condom?
- How Do You Get Trichomoniasis Without Having A Sex Partner?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.