Dec 9, 2007
I have HBV-DNA-Viral load of 381,073 IU/ml, HBsAg (907.5)reactive, AntiHBs <2.00) nonreactive,AntiHBc (.009)total reactive, HBeAg (-675) non reactive and AntiHBe(1.06) non reactive, have normal results of Liver ultrasound, and ALT 56, is it safe to take medication without undergoing liver biopsy
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Personally I would want to get a liver biopsy since you have E antigen negative infection and that requires long-term therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Purple Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.