After effects of Hep C cure

Good morning, I was diagnosed with Hep C 12 years ago. 5 years ago I underwent a 6 month Interferon cure process. It was horrid. A year later the doctor stated that it had returned. It took them 3 months of warning me to get ready to do a full year of treatment before they decided that everything is just fine and that the hepC had not returned. For the last 4 years (without support of doctors) I have been dragging my but with every cold, flu, bladder infections, hightend mentrual periods, skin problems, to name a few. I would like to know if this is the cause of the cure. Is my immune system just not doing what it should. Sincerely Inge

Interferon therapy has a myriad of side effects. I have seen some people sail through it while others have severe side effects and can't continue. However, the majority of my patients can tolerate the treatment with some side effects.

It sounds like you were one of those patients who had a lot of side effects through therapy. However, I would not expect that any of your symptoms since that time would be related to treatment or to your cure. If anything, your immune system should work better now that a chronic virus has been eliminated. I would see your physician for a thorough examination.

trials for reoccuring hepatitis c patients
Dental Transmission of Hepatitis?