Dec 1, 2007
Dear Dr. McGovern,
My husband was diagnosed as HBV reactive.he had his laboratory test done.as follows:Anti HBs ag absorbance 3,500 cut of is 0.61,AntiHBS 0.16,cut of .422,anti hbc igg, 0.10 cut of 0.709, anti HAV igm 0.008 cut of 0.188,Hbc ag 0.002 cut of 0.051, anti hbe 0.018 cut of 0.620. and HBV DNA viral load is less that 1,000. Does he need treatment at all? Hoping eagerly to your response. Thank you!
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect he is an inactive carrier. No treatment but he needs every six month follow up.
Statistics and me
IS THE VACCINE ENOUGH TO PRVANT FROM HBV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get HIV From A Dog Licking Your Vagina?
- Enjoying Sex Gay Mixed Stats Couples
- Had Unprotected Sex With Someone With Hiv Came Inside
- How Early Does Peripheral Neuropathy Occur?
- How Long Can HIV Live On A Needle Tip?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.