|Hepatitis C in Urine
Dec 1, 2007
I am a nurse and was recently splashed in the eye with urine from a Hep C positive patient. I rinsed my eye about 15 seconds after with water. Should I be alarmed about transmission of the virus by this route?
Response from Dr. McGovern
No I would not expect this to be an issue at all. Get follow up testing just to protect yourself since this is work related.
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THIS?
How quickly do antibodies form
- Can U Get Hiv From Someone's Blood Getting In Your Food?
- How Accurate Is An Hiv Test After 4 Weeks?
- Can You Get The Hiv Virus From Drinking Out The Same Cup?
- If You Have Hiv Can You Fight A Cold?
- Does Accutane Blood Work Check For Hepatitis?
- I Am Hiv Positive And My Boyfriend Is Not How Can I Tell Him
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.