|Is it forbidden?
Dec 1, 2007
I am both HIV & Hep C positive and have been for almost 11 years. I am healthly. I would like to know if a cosmetic surgeon would ever operate on someone in my condition or is there a law against it (as in with organ tranplantation of HIV positive patients?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Few comments: 1. Transplantation is being performed for HIV infected patients in many centers in the US and Europe.
2. Yes you could certainly look into cosmetic surgery. But discuss your medical condition openly.
3. Also if you have hepatitis C virus in your blood (RNA positive), I would advise a liver biopsy to determine how much disease you have. I would do this even if your liver tests are normal and you feel well.
hiv , hipatitis
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Clothing?
- Can I Still Work As An Nurse If I Have Hiv?
- Hand Job And Spit Small Cut
- HIV Risk Touching Wet Condom Then Touching Cut Penis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.