Dec 1, 2007
Imak HBs Ag and it give weak positive then Imake PCR and the result was underdetectable level sowhate can i do next?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would simply follow up the surface antigen in about six months. I would have the laboratory confirm the HBsAg test to be certain it is a true positive test. A weak positive test with no detectable virus by PCR makes me wonder if you are truly positive for hepatitis B.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Have Hiv And Aids At The Same Time?
- What Are The Best Condoms To Use To Protect Against Hiv?
- Hep C Treatment And Constipation
- Why Do Doctors Prescribe Different Antibiotics For Chlamydia?
- What Kind Of Antibiotics Can You Use To Treat Shingles?
- What Happens When You Have Mouth Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.