|HBsAg positive, HBV DNA 22 IU/ml, HBeAg nonreactive, Anti-HBe reactive
Dec 1, 2007
Dr, what do these results imply?I am currently 26 weeks pregnant.Can i undergo therapy so my baby wont be infected by HBV?And what is the probability of the virus being completely erradicated or suppressed? Thanks!
Response from Dr. McGovern
You have an extremely low level of virus which is great news.
All you will need to do is to have your HBV DNA monitored again to be certain that all is stable in terms of your own chronic disease.
Then at birth your baby will be immunized with a series of shots and should be HBV-free since the vaccine is extremely effective..
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.