|HBsAg positive, HBV DNA 22 IU/ml, HBeAg nonreactive, Anti-HBe reactive
Dec 1, 2007
Dr, what do these results imply?I am currently 26 weeks pregnant.Can i undergo therapy so my baby wont be infected by HBV?And what is the probability of the virus being completely erradicated or suppressed? Thanks!
Response from Dr. McGovern
You have an extremely low level of virus which is great news.
All you will need to do is to have your HBV DNA monitored again to be certain that all is stable in terms of your own chronic disease.
Then at birth your baby will be immunized with a series of shots and should be HBV-free since the vaccine is extremely effective..
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.