Dec 1, 2007
Can the body immune system clear the body from HBsAg and still give positive HBsAg with normal liver enzym and undetectable level of PCR?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The body can sometimes eliminate HBsAg itself. However, some people have HBsAg persistently along with no detectable virus and normal liver enzymes. We call this an "inactive carrier" state. There is no associated liver disease and the patient does not need treatment because the immune system is keeping the virus in check.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Infection Sharing A Cigarette
- Sex With Sex Worker Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Swallowing Cum Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Are Herpes A Symptom Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.