|How long without symptoms
Dec 1, 2007
I was a intravenous drug user 8 years ago. Didn't share needles but had used needles more than once so they weren't hygenic. I'm now pregnant and have just agreed to be tested for HIV and Hep B & C. I'm worried about this as it's made me think I am at risk. I've never had any noticable symptoms so how likely is it I am at risk? How long can you have HIV/Hep B & C without knowing it. Thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Patients can have viral hepatitis without symptoms. The most common symptom is fatigue which is so common. It is important however that you get tested.
Fatty liver and HCV
- Is Blood In Urine An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- Is Autoimmune Hepatitis Contagious With Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.