Dec 1, 2007
I've had 5 HBVDNA checked in the past 4 years and the latest one was last week. The result is still <60IU. Do I need to repeat this test every year or just the LFT? My AFP is low too (2). Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
An ALT is recommended every six to 12 months for inactive carriers. An HBV DNA level is recommended when the ALT is abnormal.
cirrohis and hep c untreated
- Would The Doctor Tell You Right Away About The Result Of Hiv Test
- Peripheral Neuropathy And Upper Lip Numbness Tingling
- Housing Programs For Hiv Patients
- Should A Person With Hepatitis C Be Working With Food?
- When You Get Hiv When Do The Flu-like Symptoms Happen?
- Healthy After 10 Years With Hiv No Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.