Dec 1, 2007
I've had 5 HBVDNA checked in the past 4 years and the latest one was last week. The result is still <60IU. Do I need to repeat this test every year or just the LFT? My AFP is low too (2). Thank you.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
An ALT is recommended every six to 12 months for inactive carriers. An HBV DNA level is recommended when the ALT is abnormal.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blisters After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
- Can You Get Hep B With A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.