cirrohis and hep c untreated

my husband has hep c and last year had several problems, he has a bleeding nose for over 3 days and then was vomiting blood,a few weeks later, he has cirrohis and he has not been treated other than his hospital stay, we have little money and no insurance, he has the swelling of his adomen and ankels, and fatigued and and I beleive direha, although he hides much from me I have tried to get him to go to the free clinic and the E.R. I cannot beleive he can last long like this, he sleep when he is not working, non stop, he has never been a drinker, the occasional beer he would have after mowing the yard, that was it, he we beleive contracted it about 17yrs ago thru dirty laundry he did while he owned a lundry mat and did laundry for dr. offices, he has never been a drug user or other risk factors I just need to be able to prepare myself and my girls he is 54 we have begged him to get help also his face is nothing but skin hanging on his face, he is so bloated and just looks so bad, a long time friend even tried to talk to him the other day, I think he is ok with dying, but i need to know more of what to expect at this point sorry this is so long, his dr. at the hospital really didnt tell us much, Iam sure that was because of him saying not too thanks so much Michelle

I am sorry to say that is sounds like he has end stage liver disease from hepatitis C. His condition does sound very advanced. I would recommend that you figure out where your closest teaching hospital is since this is where the best liver doctors may be who can help your husband with some of his symptoms. Then you can discuss what your husband's prognosis is with all the medical information at hand.

I would also think that through the social worker in the hospital you can get on medicaid if you live in the US.

Blood Donation Results
HBVDNA levels