Possible delayed Seroconversion
Nov 18, 2007
I put myself in a risky situation back in the end of June early July. I was tested for HIV and HBV and HCV on October 5th. Both of which were negative. And again retested for Hiv on 31st of October. Is it likely that these test can be considered confident if indeed there is a coinfection. I finished having symptoms of what appeared to be some type of seroconverson around october 14th. I dont know what i should do from here. or can i be confident that my test results are accuarte.
Response from Dr. McGovern
We usually test out til six months after the exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.