|Acquired Hepa B 16 years ago
Nov 18, 2007
I acquired Hepa B in 1991 and I have undergone treatment already. I remember my doctor prescribed jetepar fot the teatment and i took them for 1 year. My concern is, is there a possibility that after 16 years i will be totally cleared off the virus? Is it possible to get a non-reactive result for my HBsAg? thank you so much and more power?
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is possible - but a low probability. I would check a full panel of tests including surface antigen, HBV DNA, and HBV surface antibody.
Result for my Hepa profile
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Hpd A Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Can High Thyroid Antibodies Affect Hiv Testing?
- Can I Still Get A Tattoo If I Have HIV?
- During Ars Does Lymph Nodes Swell At The Same Time
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.